Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kindergarten September 2013 Newsletter



Welcome to Kindergarten! We are so happy to welcome back our families! We have a very exciting year planned! We have a class of 16 and are so excited for everyone to get to know one another.
Our expectations for the students are that they follow directions and get to know each other with as much enthusiasm as we have. We also expect students to follow all classroom rules. Our goals are for the students to be able to read and write all on their own by the end of the year.

All the children will be bringing home an information sheet that we would love to have filled out (even if in Chinese). This will help us get to know the children better.

About Ms. Torie
Hello everyone! I am Ms. Torie and I am one of the American Teachers in the Kindergarten Room this year. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a Bachelor of the Applied Arts in Early Childhood Education and minored in Leadership.

I am from Grosse Pointe, Michigan USA. I have had many opportunities to travel outside the United States. Some of those include: Italy, South Africa, The Caribbean, Barcelona, and France. I am so excited to get the chance to travel all over China!

My family includes my mother, father, brother, sister and 2 dogs! My father is a business owner and my mother is a teacher as well! My brother and sister are both students. 

About Ms. Renee
I am from Michigan where I went to Central Michigan University.  I have a Bachelors degree in Education and my areas of study are in Visual Arts (Kindergarten-High School) and Family Studies (Kindergarten-High School).

I decided to become a teacher after working at summer camps in Michigan and Maryland.  Where I was a ceramics instructor, nature instructor and camp counselor.

My hobbies include drawing, painting, shopping and watching movies.  I also love spending time with kids.  I hope to have lots of fun with the students this year and learn a lot together.

Homework: We will be giving out weekly homework packets. They will be given out on Monday and need to be returned by Friday.

Important Dates:
·      September 9 – Zoe & Ms. Renee’s Birthdays
·      September 19 & 20 – Mid Autumn Festival (No School)
·      September 22 – Maori’s Birthday
·      September 30- October 4 – October Holiday (No School)

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us. Ms. Torie: toriemariesmith@gmail.com or Ms. Renee: rreneeguthrie@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment